- D. Hopwood, G. Coghill and D.S.A.Sanders. Human oesophageal submucosal glands. Their detection, mucin, enzyme and secretory protein content., Histochemistry 1986 86;107-1 12.
- I. Hamilton, S. Sanders, D. Hopwood, l.A.D. Bouchier. Collagenous colitis associated with small intestinal villous atrophy. GUT 1986; 27: 1394-1398.
- K. Ramesar, D.S.A. Sanders, D. Hopwood. Limited value of type III intestinal metaplasia in prediction of gastric carcinoma risk., J. Clin. Path., 1987; 40:1287-1290.
- D.S.A. Sanders, M.A. Kerr, D. Hopwood, G. Coghill and G.A. Milne.
Expression of the 3-fucosyl N-Acetyllactosamine antigen (CD 1 5) antigen in normal, metaplastic, dysplastic and neoplastic squamous epithelia. J. Pathol 1988; 154: 255-262.
- D.S.A. Sanders, M.A. Kerr, D. Hopwood and G. Coghill Expression of the CD 15 antigen is a marker of cellular differentiation in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) J. Pathol. 1988; 155: 207-212.
- K.A. Hussein, D.S.A. Sanders, P.E. Preece, S.M. Hunter, S.M. Nicoll. Argyrophil carcinoma of the breast. A cytologic, histochemical and ultrastructural study of a case. Diagnostic Cytopathology 1989;5;2 217-220
- D.S.A. Sanders Cervical cancer screening; frequency of cervical smears. Maternal and Child Health 1989;14:9 307-308
- D.S.A. Sanders, G. Coghill , M.A. Kerr Detection of differences in the specificity of the CD1 5 monoclonal antibody panel by immunohistochemical staining of squamous epithelia and lymph nodes. Tissue antigens 33:218
- D.S.A.Sanders. Breast cancer screening ; the controversy Maternal and Child Health 1990 1 5;9: 284-285
- D.S.A. Sanders, D.M.Milne, M.A.Kerr The expression of Lewis a and Lewis b antigens reflects changes in fucosylation between normal and neoplastic cervical squamous epithelia. J Pathol 1990 1 62;23-28
- D.S.A. Sanders, K.A.Hussein. Filamentous organisms in gastric brushings. Diagnostic Cytopathology 1991 7:1; 11-13.
- J. Orrel, D.S.A.Sanders. Particularly aggressive placental site trophoblastic tumour. Histopathology 1991, 18: 559-561.
- J. Jankowski D.S.A. Sanders et al EGFR expression in oesophagus GUT 1992 33: 439-44.
- D.S.A.Sanders et al Membranous expression of CEA in normal cervical squamous mucosa J Pathol 1992 167: 77-82
- BB Tan, JR Marsden, DSA Sanders. Melanoma - erysipeloides - inflammatory metastatic melanoma to the skin. British J Derm 1993 1 29;327-329
- D.J. Grant, D.S.A. Sanders, M.E.T. McMurdo and M.H. Lyall
Recurrent anaemia due to ischaemic colonic ulceration caused by cholesterol emboli. Postgrad Med J 1993;69: 320-322
- l.A.Cree, D.S.A. Sanders et al Departmental Audit in Histopathology Pathology Research and Practice 1993 1 89;453-457
- D.S.A. Sanders, S. Ferryman, F.J. Bryant, T.P. Rollason Patterns of CEA- related antigen expression in invasive cervical squamous carcinoma. J Pathol 1993 171;21-26
- D.S.A. Sanders C.A. Wilson F.J.Bryant et al. Classification and localisation of CEA related antigen expression in normal oesophageal mucosa and squamous carcinoma. GUT 1994 35;1022-1025
- FG Inglis, I Henderson, S Sanders, M Kerr. Reiters disease, keratoderma blennorrhagica and rapidly progressive (cresentic) IgA glomerulonephritis. Nephrology Dialysis and Transplantation.1994 9;82~826
- D.S.A. Sanders A.T. Evans et al Classification of CEA related positivity in primary and secondary malignant melanoma J Pathol 1994 1 72;343-348
- C.D. Gillen C.A. Wilson R.S. Walmsley D.S.A. Sanders et al. Occult small bowel adenocarcinoma complicating Crohns disease. Postgraduate Medical Journal 1995
- M.C. Eggo D.S.A. Sanders et al. Fibroblast Growth Factors in thyroid Cancer. J Clin Endo Metab 1995 80 1006-1011
- SC Stocks D Hopwood DSA Sanders MA Kerr The Expression of Lewis x on carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)- related glycoproteins of normal and inflamed oesophageal squamous mucosa.
Glycosylation and Disease 1994 1 ;279-286
- K.A.Ward C. Moss DSA Sanders Human piebaldism: relationship between phenotype and site of kit gene mutation. Brit J Derm 1995; 132:929-935
- ODonnell BF, JR Marsden, ODonnell CA, DSA Sanders, Billingham C. Does palpability of primary cutaneous melanoma predict dermal invasion? J Am Acad Derm 1996 34;632-637
- CA Wilson JA Young DSA Sanders Filamentous organisms in benign and malignant gastric cytology brushings. Cytopathology 1996 7 268-273
- TG Reilly DSA Sanders TSJ Elliot RP Walt Comparison of serum, salivary and rapid whole-blood diagnostic tests for Helicobacter pylori and their validation against endoscopy based tests.
GUT 1997 40454-458
- I Hanson P Guest MRB Keighley DSA Sanders Mesenteric fibromatosis Illustrated Case Reports 1997 4 101-104
- JA Jankowski, Rachel Bruton, Neil Shepherd, D Scott A Sanders Cadherin and Catenin biology represent a global mechanism for epithelial Cancer progression J Clin Pathol Mol Pathol 1998 50:289-
- K Blessing DSA Sanders JJHGrant A comparison of immunohistochemical staining of the novel antibody
Melan-A with S-100 protein and HMB 45 in melanoma and melanoma
variants Histopathology 1998 32,139-146
- JM Woodward, DSA Sanders, MR Keighley, RN Allan Ischaemic enterocolitis complicating idiopathic dysautonomia. GUT 1998 43:285-287
- HK Williams, DSA Sanders, J Jankowski, G Landini, AMS Brown Expression of cadherins and catenins during in epithelial dysplasia and
oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Oral Path and Medicine 1998 27 308-317
- JAZ Jankowski, A Forbes NA, Wright N, Cruikshank R, Thomas R, Allan, YS Kim, DSA Sanders. Classical cadherins as morphoregulators in human colitis: in vivo and in vitro. Lab. Investigation 1998 78:1155-1168
- D Scott A. Sanders, Rachael Bruton, S.Jane Darnton, Alan G. Casson, Isobel Hanson, Hazel K. Williams, Janusz Jankowski. Sequential changes in Cadherin-catenin complexes in heterogeneity of primary oesophageal squamous carcinoma Int. J Cancer 1998 79 6 573-579.
- DSA Sanders 1998 12:1 19-33 The differential diagnosis of Crohns disease. In Baillieres Clinical Gastroenterology Keighley and Allan Eds.
- Richards FM, McKee SA, Rajpar MH, Cole TRP, Evans DGR, Jankowski JA, McKeown C, Sanders DSA, Maher ER. Germline E-cadherin gene (CDH1) mutations predispose to familial gastric cancer and colorectal cancer Hum Mol Genet. 1999 8 607-610
- DSA Sanders K Blessing GAR Hassan R Bruton JR Marsden J Jankowski Cadherin and catenin expression in the biological progression of melanocytic tumours J Clin Pathol Mol Pathol 1999 52:151-157
- DSA Sanders K Blessing Guidelines for reporting of malignant melanoma CPD Bulletin Cellular Pathology 1999 1 97-100
- DSA Sanders Lewis blood group and CEA related antigens (invited review) J Clin Pathol Mol Path 1999 52 174-178
- MJ Evans, D Scott A Sanders, JHJ Grant, K Blessing Expression of Melan-A in Spitz, pigmented spindle cell and congenital naevi: comparative immunohistochemical study Paed Develop Path 1999 3:36-39
- Ghori A, Dorricott NJ, Sanders DSA A lethal ectopic denture: an unusual case of sigmoid perforation due to unnoticed swallowed dental plate J RCS Edinburgh 1999 44 3 203-204
- Ian Perry Tariq H Iqbal Margaret Eggo Kenneth O Lewis Mark A Cox D Scott A Sanders Brian T Cooper Janusz Jankowski. Reductions in membranous expression of cadherin/catenin complexes in untreated coeliac disease and in an in-vitro intestinal model are induced by cytokines. Lab. Investigation 1999: 79:1479-99
- D Scott A Sanders Ian Perry* Robert Hardy* Janusz Jankowski*
Aberrant P-cadherin expression is a feature of clonal expansion in the gastrointestinal tract associated with repair and neoplasia. J Pathol 2000:190;526-530
- K Blessing, JJH Grant, DSA Sanders, MM Kennedy, A Husain, P Coburn. Small cell malignant melanoma; a varient of naevoid melanoma. Clinicopathological features and histological differential diagnosis. J Clin Path 2000:53:591-595
- Williams JG, Cheung WY on behalf of the Information Working Party of the BSG. Clinical information processes and information use in gastroenterology in the United Kingdom. Gastroenterology Today 2001:11:82-86
- Beswick,S.J., Kirk,J.M.W., Bradshaw,K. Sanders,D.S.A., Moss,C.
Progressive nodular histiocytosis in a child with a hypothalamic tumour
- Muller W, Burgart,LJ, Krause-Paulus, R et al. The reliability of immunohistochemistry as a pre-screening method for the diagnosis of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer(HNPCC) – results of an international collaborative study. Fam Cancer 2001; 1:87-92
- Robert G Hardy, Chris Tselepis, Judith Hoyland, Yvonne Wallis, Theresa P Pretlow, Ian Talbot, D Scott A Sanders, Glen Matthews, Dion Morton, Janusz AZ Jankowski. Aberrant P-cadherin expression is an early event in hyperplastic and dysplastic transformation in the colon. GUT 2002: 50:513-519
- Robert G Hardy, Rachael M Brown, Sarah J Miller, Chris Tselepis, Dion G Morton, Janusz AZ Jankowski, D Scott A Sanders. Transient P-cadherin expression in radiation proctitis; a model of mucosal injury and repair. J Pathol 2002: 197; 194-200
- Single flexible sigmoidoscopy screening to prevent colorectal cancer: baseline findings of a UK multicentre randomised trial. UK Flexible sigmoidoscopy screening trial investigators. Lancet 2002; 359; 1291-1300
- Ah-Weng H, Marsden JR, Sanders, DS, Waters R. Dermatofibrosarcoma protruberans treated by micrographic surgery. Br J Cancer 2002; 87:1386-1389
- Ah-Weng H, Multiple cutaneous plasmacytomas following an autologous peripheral stem cell transplant. Clin Exp Dermatol 2002;27:293-5
- DSA Sanders,P Taniere, RF Harrison, JAZ Jankowski
Clinical and moleculoar pathology of the metaplasia-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence in Barrett's oesophagus Current Diagnostic Pathology 2003;9: 217-280
- Karmo M, Sanders S, Goh J, Boulton R. An unusual case of diarrhoea in a patient with colitis GUT 2005; 54:77
- DSA Sanders. Mucosal integrity and barrier function in the pathogenesis of early lesions in Crohn's disease J Clin Path 2005;58:568-572
- RA Carr, DSA Sanders. Inflammatory dermatoses mimicking malignancy (pseudolymphoma) Current Diagnostic pathology 2005 11:245-252
- RA Carr, DSA Sanders, OP Stores et al. The Warwick system of prospective workload allocation in Cellular Pathology; an aid to subspecialisation and comparison with the Royal College of Pathologists system J Clin Path 2006;59:835-839
- DSA Sanders, RA Carr OP Stores et al. Subspecialisation in Cellular Pathology in the DGH setting; the Warwick experience J Clin Path 2006;59:884-886
- DSA Sanders, RA Carr. Unusual cutaneous tumours and unusual variants of common cutaneous tumours. CPD Cellular Pathology 2007;6: 102-105
- Taibjee SM, Gee BC, Sanders DSA, Smith A, Carr RA. Lentigo maligna involving the tumour nests and stroma of a nodular basal cell carcinoma. BJD 2007; 157:184-187
- YS Fan, RA Carr, DSA Sanders et al. Characteristic Ber- EP4 and EMA expression in sebaceomas is immunohistochemically distinct from basal cell carcinoma. Histopathology 2007;51:80-86
- RA Carr, SM Taibjee, DSA Sanders. Basaloid skin tumours: Basal cell carcinoma Current Diagnostic Pathology 2007 13: 252-272
- DSA Sanders, RA Carr. The use of Immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of common epithelial tumours of the skin Current Diagnostic Pathology 2007 13; 237-251
- RA Carr, DSA Sanders. Basaloid Skin Tumours 2: mimics of basal cell carcinoma Current Diagnostic Pathology 2007 13: 273 – 300
- DSA Sanders, RA Carr, J Simon, N Chachlani, O Stores. Workload scoring and allocation. RCPath Bulletin 2007 139; 34-35
- DSA Sanders, Yousef A, Carr RA et al. MSI-H medullary type adenocarcinoma complicating ileal Crohn's disease; further molecular insight into Crohn's related carcinogenesis. Histopathology 2008 52:519-522
- Vella J, Carr RA et al. Fibroadenoma of the anogenital region. J Clin Path 2008 61:871
- Sinha R, Murphy P, Hawker P, Sanders S, Rajesh A, Verma R. Role of MRI in Crohn's disease. Clinical Radiology 2009: 64:341-352
- Scott A Sanders, Richard A Carr, Sarah E Roberts. Do the RCPath published workload guidelines underestimate the workrate achievable in subspeciality practice? J Clin Path 2009 62:5
- Milicic A, Harrison LA, Goodlad RA, Hardy RG, Nicholson AM, Presz M, Sieber O, Santander S, Pringle JH, Mandir N, East P, Obszynska J, Sanders S, Piazeulo E, Shaw J, Harrison R, Tomlinson IP, McDonald SAC, Wright NA, Jankowski JAZ. Ectopic expression of P-Cadherin correlates with promoter hypomethylation early in colon carcinogenesis and enhanced intestinal crypt fission in vivo. Cancer Research 2008; 68:7760-8. «#
- Sinha R, Rajiah P, Murphy P, Hawker P, Sanders S. Utility of High- Resolution MR imaging in demonstrating Transmural Pathologic Changes in Crohn's disease. RadioGraphics 2009;29:1847-1867
- DSA Sanders, AP Smith, RA Carr, SE Roberts, S Gurusamy, EJV Simmons. Enhanced BMS cut-up role in colonic cancer reporting J Clin Path 2009 on-line first
- Deletion at chromosome 9p in relation to BRAF/NRAS mutations and prognostic significance for primary melanoma.
Genes, Chromosomes and Cancer 2010
- AC Shirley-Dale, N Chachlani, DSA Sanders, RA Carr. Trichoblastoma of the breast detected by screening mammography; a diagnostic pitfall. Am J Surg Path 2010 34; 748-754
- WS Atkin, R Edwards, I Kralj-Hans et al. Once-only flexible sigmoidoscopy screening in prevention of colorectal cancer: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2010 DOI:101016/S0140-6736(10)60551-X
- Current experience and attitudes to BMS cut- up; results of an on-line survey of UK Consultant Histopathologists J Clin Path /2010/084392
- Sanders DSA, Carr RA, Chachlani N et al. An approach to departmental job planning in cellular pathology. RCPath Bulletin 2011:153:45-49
- Dr Anne Thorpe (Chair), Dr Mohamad Al-Jafari, Dr Derek Allen, Dr Richard Carr, Dr Tim Helliwell and Dr Scott Sanders. Guidelines on staffing and workload for histopathology and cytopathology departments RCPath London 2012
- Sanders DSA et al. Comparing virtual with conventional microscopy for the consensus diagnosis of Barrett’s neoplasia in the AspECT Barrett’s chemoprevention trial pathology audit. Histopathology 2012 61:795-800
- Cathy Bennett, Nimish Vakil, Jacques Bergman, Rebecca Harrison, Robert Odze, Michael Vieth, Scott Sanders et al. Consensus Statements for Management of Barrett’s Dysplasia and Early-Stage Esophageal Adenocarcinoma, Based on a Delphi Process. Gastroenterology 2012 143:336-46.
- Jankowski J et al. on behalf of the Esophageal Adenocarcinoma GenEtics Consortium and the Wellcome Trust Control Consortium 2* Common variants at the HLA locus and at chromosome 16q24.1 predispose to Barrett’s esophagus Nature Genetics in press 2012
- YW Tsang, D Scott A Sanders, F Sandhu et al. The revised College guidelines on staffing and workload in cellular pathology: first impressions. RCPath Bulletin 2012;160: 271- 274
- Fallis S, Murphy P, Sinha R et al Magnetic resonance enterography in Crohn's disease: A comparison with the findings at surgery. Colorectal Disease in press 2013
- Sinha R, Murphy P , Sanders S et al. Diagnostic accuracy of high resolution MR enterography in Crohn’s disease: comparison with surgical and pathological specimen Clinical Radiology in press 2013
- Sinha R, Rajiah P, Ramachandran I, Sanders S et al. Diffusion weighted MR imaging of the gastrointestinal tract; technique, indications, and imaging findings. RadioGraphics 2013;33:655-676
- Fitzgerald R, di Pietro M, Ragunath K (eds.) et al. British Society of Gastroenterology Guideline on the diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus GUT 2013 in press
- Kendall et al. Utilising non-consensus pathology measurements to improve the diagnosis of oesophageal cancer using a Raman spectroscopic probe Analyst 2013 (submitted)
- Almond M et al. Endoscopic Raman spectroscopy enables objective diagnosis of dysplasia in Barrett's Oesophagus Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2013 in press
Morson and Dawson Gastrointestinal Pathology 5th Edition Chapter 6 - Neuromuscular, muscular and mechanical disorders of the oesophagus. 2010